Hello…Again Beautiful People.
I know I put up a new post yesterday (links here if you want to see what’s in my bag) but I really wanted to put up another blog post as I really enjoy writing about things I love and sharing them with you. I have been using these products for a while and have seen changes in the texture, thickness and hydration.
Before I get started I want to tell you a bit about my hair. My hair was very dry (still gets dry but not as much) especially towards the ends, this is because I have used so many chemicals on my hair including; home dye (I bleached my hair too many times and all I can say is that I’m lucky to still have thick hair), salon dye, extensive usage of heat tools topped off with constant use of various products within a short period of time. It is safe to say that I never let my hair breathe or rest, I was never happy with its natural waves it was too ‘frizzy’ for me. I had a professional opinion from an expert colourist who said that if I carry on bleaching my hair I could be affected by hair loss the phrase ‘more blonder the better’ vanished in that instant that day was the last time I ever wanted to go platinum blonde. I naturally have thick hair and I became very appreciative of this, instead of following the current hair trend I decided to face reality and take care of my hair.
Below are the products I use…
- OGX Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo: I love macadamia oil and many of the products I use have this in them. Why? Because it hydrates the hair and gets rid of the straw like texture. Instead of having hard and dry strands your hair starts to feel and appear soft, moisturised and shiny. This shampoo is specifically for hair that needs hydration.
- OGX Hydrating Macadamia Oil Conditioner: I like using products from the same brand as the constant use of different products damaged my hair. I used to brush my hair (lightly) and my brush would be covered with strands of weak hair and I couldn’t understand what product caused it due to the use of so many products. This conditioner not only nourishes the hair but easily detangles it. It helps with split-ends and not only looks healthy but also feels healthy and strong.
- OLAPLEX HAIR PERFECTOR: This product is not for everyone, I advise people that have had or has chemicals in the hair to use it. The product claims to “reconnect broken disulfide sulfur bonds in the hair.” I’m not a hair expert either but basically it makes the hair strands stronger and decreases the amount of damage caused by chemicals. I apply this from the mid section of the hair (I have never dyed my roots) to the ends of my hair. I like to leave it overnight, rinse it off the next day and then use my shampoo and conditioner. Remember to apply it to unwashed hair. You won’t see the affects overnight but within a couple weeks I have seen a decrease in hair loss. I use this product during times I use harsh chemicals which is not often.
- MACADAMIA PROFESSIONAL NOURISHING MOISTURE MASQUE: This is the only hair mask I use and like the shampoo and conditioner it hydrates, reconstructs, revitalise’s and repairs damaged hair. It is very flexible to use, once or twice depending on the hair’s need.
- MACADAMIA NATURAL OIL HEALING OIL SPRAY: I love, love and love (x1000) this product so much, it is unbelievable. As the name states this product has healed my hair and brought it back to the thickness and texture it had before I ever dyed my hair. I am so pleased with it, it doesn’t feel thick, heavy or greasy on the hair. In fact, it has the opposite effect. Not only does my hair feel soft and shiny, it is manageable and appears as its been treated in a salon.
- OGX Argan Oil of Morocco: I don’t use this oil often only if I want my hair to have that extra shine and to tame it. Previously I used hair mousse and hair spray to tame and style my hair but it left it so dry and felt really clumpy that it was a no no from me. Instead I add argan oil which tames the frizziness, helps with the split ends and makes the hair more vibrant which is what I love thick, soft and bouncy hair.
These are all of my haircare essentials… The products have not only helped my hair become more strong, thick, soft and hydrated but also has made me become more positive and more appreciative of natural hair. I used to admire the blonde that I never could achieve, always had a need to go blonder and never cared about the condition of my hair until I was going through hair loss, dryness and thinness. The best advice I can give you is to appreciate, love and care for what you have and never feel pressured to change the way you look because its stylish, trendy and popular. Trust me! You are beautiful the way you are…
If you have come this far, thank you for reading, liking, commenting and following. I hope you found this post helpful! Also, I would love for you to suggest any blog posts you want me to write about. Comment below any ideas and I will try my best to post about it.
If you want to check out my Instagram page it is Thewhiterose.ela
As always stay beautiful, positive and happy…