Today I want to show you my skin care routine. As you may know taking care of our skin is and should be an important part of our daily life. Not only does your skin feel, clean and fresh, but when we clean our skin we also unclog our pores, remove unwanted bacteria and prevent spots from forming on our faces. So to conclude we NEED to take care of our skin. The products I am going to show you, have worked well for me, just bare in mind that we all have different skin types and our needs differ.
1. The first product is the GARNIER: Micellar Cleansing Water. I’m guessing you have heard of this product as its been very popular due to the level of positive reviews it has received. My skin care routine begins with me removing my make up. In this step I just pour the some of the product on to a cotton pad and remove my makeup using circular motions. REMEMBER: the eye area is very sensitive so make sure you are EXTRA gentle. This product does remove mascara and other excess make up easily. I do recommend it for you make up lovers that cannot remove those mascara stains without irritating the area!
2. The second step involves giving my face a quick wash to get rid of any excess make up using the Avène: Cleansing Gel. I love this product it lathers up nicely and makes my face feel fresh instantly. It gives my face a clean surface to work my other products on and removes oily and waxy substances that the sebaceous glands produce. I also use this product at night before going into bed!
3. This step I only do ONCE A WEEK as it is an intense detox mask by Soap and Glory, it is called the NO CLOGS ALLOWED: Super self heating deep pore detox mask. You only need a small amount (on the packaging it says a grape sized dab but how big is a grape?) a little goes along way and as soon as you put it on your face you will feel the heat (don’t worry it doesn’t burn you or anything) it just feels hot. When you apply this product you will have to scrub it on your face until it turns blue (it has worked on me and has changed colour) and you wait five minutes then wash your face. GUYS… Please don’t rub that towel on your face with such force gentle pats are advised, don’t irritate your skin as this is an intense cleansing mask, we don’t want any harsh movements.
4. I love this step! Why? Because I really enjoying using cleansers that are in a foam form. It makes my face feel like baby skin. The foaming cleanser I currently use is the SAMPAR: Dry CleanSing- No-rinse foaming make up cleanser. Even though it states that you don’t have to rinse it, I always have to rinse my face. What I do is apply this on my face and use the BRAUN: Face cleansing brush. Now I know you’re wondering why I would use the brush after using an intense face mask but the brushes are so soft and doesn’t irritate my skin. I use it gently, lightly and again in a circular motion. I rinse my face and pat it dry.
5. This step feels so relaxing, it’s like taking a short trip to heaven! No I’m not exaggerating. After the step above I use the Avène: Thermal Spring Water and just spray it all over my face and boy does it feel good! All I can say is that it is soothing and anti- irritating. You can use this to cool down any rashes or after waxing, epilating shaving or just to for a quick cool down!
6. The last and final step is a nice hydrating face cream. The one I use is the Avène: Optimale Rich Hydrating Cream (for dry to very dry sensitive skin). I really like this brand so its safe to say that I really like the moisturiser. It feels very hydrating and really helps with the dry areas that I sometimes get (especially during the winter). I apply this morning, night and maybe during the day when my skin needs hydration.
So, that is all to my skin care routine, I hope you enjoyed it. If you have any requests or questions, please do get in contact. I have loads of blog topics to talk about and cannot wait to share them with you.
I want to give a shoutout to an amazing blogger that I met on this platform. If you like my content then you’ll deffo love hers!! This is the link to her blog do check it out and follow her, trust me you won’t regret it! Alyssa Claire also check her Instagram its simplyalyssa . My Instagram is thewhiterose.ela do check that out if you want to see more…
And as always stay beautiful, happy and positive. See you in my next blog post!